Friday, November 16, 2012

Typical Friday night, after a binge of book buying for thanksgiving, I'm looking for opinion and thoughts of other INTJs who driven by the innate ability we all share - the remarkable ability to self reflect and continuously self improve.  Although the topics I am interested in vary, most of them deal with understanding human nature - either analyzing the obvious through body language, or the not so obvious though classic psychology.


Below are some of the books I have enjoyed, hopefully someone will pick up the baton and share their library:

Body language for INTJ:
What every body is saying
Louder than words
First impressions

Psychology for INTJ:
Man and his symbols
The undiscovered self
Mindset

Emotional Intelligence
Social Intelligence
Fire in the belly: on being a man
King Warrior Magician Lover (this sparked my interest in the warrior archetype)

Philosophy for INTJ:
Prince (surprise!!)
Human, all too human
Hagakure
Book of five rings
Hero with a thousand faces
The power of habit

I purposefully picked names that are mainstream. The reason I didn't get too specific with names/topics here is because I do not intend to direct the course of this discussion; I would like the INTJs like you to dictate the flow!

9 comments:

  1. Yea social influence was great, I did get a lot of good influence from the writer, but I am hoping for another volume to come out. Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louder than words was great, I say I had a pretty good reading from it, but I would like to look into the power of habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hero with a thousand faces were pretty cool but it was not exactly my genre, but the author was pretty creative. I may look into books like that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys I do not know why you are not mentioning hero with a thousand faces. I love the book, even though it is not all that famous, but it is a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emotional Intelligence is pretty good, I would give it a 4 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie I am for louder than words. It has some good reviews from another site I was on and I was sold to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for the support on my comment. I really do appreciate it. Has anyone tried prince?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prince is pretty cool, I really liked the ending but I think the actual plot could have used some improvement. But I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea price was in my category to read, but have not gotten into it, but everyone says that the author is really good. I am still trying to find time to get to it.

    ReplyDelete